Services we specialize in:
Consultations available to review your matter
If you have an issue you'd like to discuss, complete the form on our contact us page and we'll schedule an appointment around your busy schedule.Complete Form
Experienced, Recognized and Effective
Bertini Law has the commitment, compassion and expertise to help. Hear from clients who've we've helped to right wrongs and protect their rights.Hear from Clients
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Four Virginia Beach firefighters are suing the city over what they call a tainted promotion process.
The suit filed in Virginia Beach Circuit Court is on behalf of David Scherrer, Richard Ivrving, Alexander Wazlak and Mark Bayly. The master firefighters were all looking to become captains. The promotions process began in May 2017. All master firefighters wanting to become captain have to go through a rigorous test, which includes an exam and tactical evaluation. A list of most qualified candidates for promotion is compiled and the highest scores are promoted first. Just after the process was through, information came to light that two candidates were given information on the tactical portion of the evaluation... Click here for the full article
A federal court jury recently awarded $17,500 in damages to a former employee of the Virginia Beach Lifesaving Service after finding the woman was fired for filing a discrimination complaint, the woman’s attorney said. Former lifeguard Robin Lang was able to show that the lifesaving service retaliated against her by firing her after she filed a gender discrimination complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, said attorney Lisa A. Bertini, who represented Lang.
Every legal matter is different. The outcome of each legal case depends upon many factors, including the facts of the case, and no attorney can guarantee a positive result in any particular case.
Retaliation after filing gender discrimination complaint
$17,500 in damages
Please Fill In The Form Below
- Andrea Ruege Represent VB Fire Fighters – VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Four Virginia Beach firefighters are suing the city over what they call a tainted promotion process. The suit filed in Virginia Beach Circuit Court is on behalf of David Scherrer, Richard Ivrving, Alexander Wazlak and Mark Bayly. The master firefighters were all looking to become captains. The promotions process began.
- Lisa Bertini attends MLK Jr. Memorial in NYC – Lisa attended the Dr. MLK Jr. Memorial at the Fifth Ave Presbyterian Church in NYC to hear the inspiring words of Rev Barber. Then she marched to pray for a change for moral revolution/ revival in front of Trump tower. Woke. Click here to listen to Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II
- Virginia Fellow Lisa Bertini quoted in The New York Times – The human resources department at my company (a nonprofit with about 100 employees) is extremely concerned with avoiding hiring factors that might get us into trouble legally. So obviously they don’t ask candidates about age, marital status and so forth. But they also do not look at a potential employee’s social media. After an offer.
- Can Bankruptcy Affect My Employment Status? – Many people may believe that their bankruptcy is kept between themselves and their bankruptcy attorneys; however, depending on your situation, it is possible that a prospective employer or your current employer will discover your financial troubles. Many employers these days are requesting consent from applicants to allow them to check their credit reports, particularly for.
- Lisa Bertini Discusses Employers’ Limits With Social Media – Lisa Bertini spoke to The Hampton Roads Business Journal on how far employers can go when researching potential hires on social media. Topics of discussion include hiring based off of political views, religious beliefs, and internet privacy. Read the full article here.